Fantasy RV Tours Reveals Top Five RV Destinations
December 08, 2015
Fantasy RV Tours Reveals Top Five RV Destinations
Recreation vehicle (RV) owners are known to embrace exciting travel experiences, and for the past 50 years, Fantasy RV Tours and Creative World Travel help make them come to life by offering an abundance of vacation opportunities. Organized RV travel (caravanning) is nothing new, however in the last seven years caravanning has continued to be a rising trend. Today, Fantasy operates 50 tours to more than 40 destinations for thousands of RVers each year. According to a recent report provided by the RVIA (Recreational Vehicle Industry Association) 8.5% of U.S. households enjoy the RV lifestyle and RV caravanning provides a unique experience for this population segment.
The question remains, where do RVers want to go? According to the number of information requests Fantasy receives each year, here are the top five destinations where RVers want to travel:
5. Journeys through time … the path of Lewis and Clark. President Jefferson commissioned Captain Lewis and Second Lieutenant Clark to find a route west using waterways to explore and map this new American territory. The original expedition departed from a fort near St. Louis, Missouri in May of 1804, and arrived on the Oregon coast two and half years later. Today, RV explorers are able to rediscover this route in just 45 days, following the original Lewis and Clark journey along the Missouri, Snake and Columbia Rivers to the west coast of Oregon – the difference is the luxury of modern highways and the comfort of an RV.
4. Life changing encounters …Polar Bear Migration, Manitoba - Canada. Many agree, RVers are adventurous! This two week RV vacation explores the great northern tundra of Manitoba …a journey to face the fiercest and most majestic creature known to man …the polar bear. Departing from North Dakota and traveling by RV to Thompson, Manitoba, guests leave their RVs behind to board a chartered plane (or travel by train, because there are no roads) to Churchill. Here they enjoy close-up encounters with both adult bears and cubs as these beautiful beasts socialize and wait for the Hudson Bay to freeze. After this encounter, travelers return to Thompson and continue by RV to Winnipeg. "…this is something we’ve wanted to do for a long time… it was all, and more than we had expected," says RVers Renny and JoEllen Mitchell of Harveys Lake, PA .
3. Culture, Cuisine and Character …the three “C’s” of the Canadian Maritime Provinces. The tranquility and charm of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Nova Scotia (the Maritime), known as the Crown Jewels of Canada, along with Newfoundland, are top destinations for RV enthusiasts. This popular region has a grand variety of travel itineraries for RV caravanners. These Canadian Provinces are filled with friendly folks, fresh seafood, historic whaling stations, picture perfect lighthouses, quaint fishing villages and gorgeous scenery. RV travel is by far the most convenient and comfortable way to experience this beautiful area.
2. Tailgating has never been this much fun …The Kentucky Derby. It’s “The Most Exciting Two Minutes in Sports”, and groups of RVers love to experience Louisville Derby Days from the comfort of their home on wheels. The week long festivities surrounding this world famous race include traditional events, area tours and believe it or not – a few tastings of the wildly popular Kentucky bourbon. “We’ve already sold out our 2016 Derby Rally,” says Nel Filliger, Founder and CEO of Fantasy RV Tours. “With all of the excitement this year from American Pharaoh winning the Triple Crown and the Breeders’ Cup, people want to be a part of the excitement.” The itinerary encompasses the area, the culture and the events surrounding the Derby; and it doesn’t hurt that this RV rally includes fantastic box seating on Derby day.
1. The ultimate RV experience …Alaska. The natural beauty of our 49th state has attracted RVers for decades, so much so that many book their dream vacation up to two years in advance. Fantasy is one of the companies that offers RVers the Alaska experience by land. “Traveling in your own RV to experience untouched wilderness is a dream come true,” says Filliger. Long summer days provide the perfect opportunity for seeing grizzly and black bears, moose and even wolves in their natural habitat. Filliger explains, “…we value the experience and magic of Mother Nature, so creating opportunities to see bald eagles, sea lions and the grey whales is a bonus when we take boat trips to witness calving glaciers.” From the historical stories of the Gold Rush Days, to the memorable tales of building the Alaskan Highway and the extraordinary account of how people continue to survive in the vast wilderness …it’s no wonder why this ultimate experience has held the number one position with RV travelers for more than 20 years.
|AUG 16, 2017||Shop the Summer Sale at Renaissance Market|
|MAY 05, 2017||2017 Louisiana Seafood Cook-Off Competitors Announced|
|MAY 02, 2017||REDHAWK ANNOUNCES TROUBLED ECOGEN DUE DILIGENCE RESULTS|
|APR 17, 2017||THE MANY ROADS TO RETIREMENT|