Equine Chiropractic Evaluation and Treatment
April 09, 2015
EQUINE CHIROPRACTIC EVALUATION AND TREATMENT
My chiropractic evaluation and treatment consultation typically includes:
For New Patients
- A description of the patient including: name, age, gender, breed, color, and unique markings
History of the chief complaints including:
- Location, onset date, duration, exacerbations, and remissions, previous medical and chiropractic history.
- Handedness of the rider and the side of body the patient most frequently sleeps on.
For New and Established Patients
- A brief updated history of the patient's activities and level of training since the previous consultation.
- Observation of the patient's postural adaptation to the environment.
- Static and motion palpation of the spine and primary musculoskeletal system to help locate areas of restricted range of motion, as well as areas of pain.
- Spinal testing with the Activator (a chiropractic adjustment instrument) for testing and sometimes treating areas of the spine that are subluxated, (or misaligned causing abnormal function, and frequently causing pain).
- Observation of movement at various gaits as needed to demonstrate soundness.
- Formulate a written assessment of my impressions as a result of the evaluation regarding the patient's current biomechanical state.
- Manual Adjustments of the spine and pelvic misalignments to reduce subluxations.
- Determine Assignments needed for the client to perform between chiropractic visits to enhance the patient's optimal rehabilitation and performance.
- Create a detailed written Report of Findings for the patient's chiropractic records.
- Create a Summary of my Findings, which is provided so you, the client can have a general overview of the findings, treatment, and recommendations formulated during each visit. If you would like a copy of the more detailed data recorded for my records, please give us a call.
- Follow-up appointment scheduled as needed.
A stretching video is provided as a training reminder for you on my website.
Go to: www.theanimalcracker.com scroll to the client's page.
Click on the stretching video.
When a window pops up asking for:
Username, enter: equine
Password, enter: stretches
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter while you are there for additional helpful information and tips.